Where I Like To Eat

Places I've eaten at and things I like to eat! I don't go out to eat all the time, but I do so regularly enough. I'd like to share the places and foods that I enjoy: for price, food, service and/ or presentation.

Monday 28 April 2014

The Malaysiafiles: Part 2- Aeroplane Food

Dun dun dun.

Outgoing


Dinner:

Nasty, nasty olive potato pepper salad, school dinners chicken and gravy and mass concoction with weirdly posh but overcooked romanesco cauliflower, surprisingly good Victoria sponge and obligatory cheese + crackers + roll + butter. My God though, that salad... the memory of how it tasted will stay with me for quiet a while.


Breakfast:

Fruit (can't go wrong with fruit), yogurt, nasty-looking but actually pleasant nasi lemak and a croissant boulder. I could have knocked someone out with that croissant.

There was also a sandwich snack after the stopover at Kuala Lumpur, but I didn't much feel like photoing a sandwich. It looked and tasted like a sandwich.

Return



What I thought was dinner:

Curried weirdly uniform cubes of some white fish or another (cod or coley I thought). I thought it was weird that it didn't come with the obligatory roll and dessert, but I was too tired to care. The curry was surprisingly good.


Actual dinner:

After the Kuala Lumpur stopover and once we got on the plane for the longest part of our flight, they rolled out the food- to my dismay. But we'd already eaten! There was a pretty inoffensive sweetcorn salad, crackers and cheese... lord knows what the main was, I can't even remember. Something that started off as being chicken and then went horribly wrong, I think. Also, I had never met a cheesecake I didn't like until this meal: the cheesecake was like an old, dry bathroom sponge. Very disappointing for a dessert enthusiast.


Breakfast:

The usual yogurt and fruit (covered by the foil in a fit of jetlagged pique), along with another boulder of croissant, plus an alright omelet, alright chicken sausage, inoffensive vegetables and soggy potato things. By now I was so zombified by the flight back west that I could barely taste anything, anyway.

Overall Verdict

On average, it all tasted exactly how it looked.

Such a shame every holiday has to end this way- at least, when you're flying 'cattle class'. In any case, I had a very good enough innings during my time in Malaysia- which you have caught a glimpse of in Part 1... and there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment